Friday, March 18, 2011

A Heart in God




Something beautiful caught my attention today. 

Something that summarizes the entire purpose of this blog in one sentence.



  

How beautiful is that? 

At the time that I began the blog, my heart was consumed with becoming the Proverbs 31 woman.  The verses of Proverbs 31 were and are who I want to become.  



Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
She is more precious than rubies.
Her husband can trust her,
and she will greatly enrich his life.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life. 

                       Proverbs 31: 10-12



To be found as a virtuous and capable woman!  To be more precious than rubies!  To be such a woman that my husband can trust me!  That I may greatly enrich my husband's life!  To desire to bring him good ALL the days of my life, not some, ALL! 

This is but a small portion of the beauty that a Proverbs 31 woman possesses.  Not beauty that is seen on the outside, but the beauty that radiates from within.  Beauty that reflects God's very character.  Beauty that reflects the heart hidden in God, and God alone!    

I long to be that woman!  I pray that this desire to be a woman of God, to be a woman hidden in God, will never cease.  My heart’s longing is that when my husband looks at me he will find the beauty within. Thus this blog was born:

Finding the Beauty Within





1 comment: