Friday, August 5, 2011

Blind And Deaf


“Seeing many things, but you do not observe;
Opening the ear, but he does not hear.”
                                                          Isaiah 42:20   

Dear Lord,
Do I see You, but not observe?  Are my ears open, yet I do not hear You?   Have I become insensitive to Your existence in my life and the lives of others? 
Open my eyes.  I no longer want to be casual and only glimpse at things.  I want to observe You and Your purposes in my life.  To discern opportunities to glorify You.  I pray You will take the blinders off of my eyes so I can be aware of Your presence all around me.  In the beauty of creation.  In the lives of those who are hurting.  In my role as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
My ears are open, but I want to hear You.  Make my hearing sensitive to Your voice.  Give me ears to hear Your direction and guidance in my life.  To hear You when You call my name.  May I be quite enough to hear Your whispers in my soul.  Give me wisdom to know Your voice.
Increase my faith so that when I observe and hear You I will be willing to obey.  What a shame it is to see and hear, but not act.
I pray for my friend who is reading these words, open their eyes and ears that they may observe and hear You today. 
The evidence of Your existence surrounds us daily.  Creation shouts of Your glory.  Our innermost desires cry out for Your comfort.  Consume our thoughts with You today.
Living with eyes and ears for You,
Emily    

No comments:

Post a Comment